Thanks a lot for that input. But, there has to be a solution for it.
Otherwise, its not correct to call Android open source if they do not
allow me to add my own classes by extending the existing ones.

As far as I know, there is no such behaviour in normal Java
Applications when run on a Sun JVM.
Is this a special behaviour exhibited by Dalvik VM.
What is the possible workaround for this problem.