I cannot get a tabhost with "xml resource" to work.  In the debugger I
see the exception "RuntimeException, Your content must have a TabHost
whose id attribute is 'android.R.id.tabhost'

I have set the id of my tabhost element to tabhost.  I've also set it
in pretty much every other control.  I've looked at a number of
"samples" nothing is standing out as to what I did wrong.  Im at a
loss.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<TabHost
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";