mscwd01 wrote:
> I added this to the activity tag in the manifest:
> android:screenOrientation="sensor"
>
> Would that make any difference?

That changes the trigger. For devices with a keyboard (e.g., G1), by
default, an orientation change is triggered by sliding the keyboard, not
the accelerometer. android:screenOrientation="sensor" forces it to be
the "sensor" (a.k.a., accelerometer) like the Magic, Hero, and other
keyboard-less devices.

Since you are experiencing your problem with both the G1 (with keyboard)
and the Magic (sans keyboard), I doubt this will help, but I could
easily be wrong.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Warescription: Three Android Books, Plus Updates, $35/Year