Please read on screen density:

http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html

<http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html>Just
scale your coordinates based on the screen density.  You can't assume some
specific size for some screen -- consider the possibilities, QVGA, HVGA,
WVGA, FWVGA all have different proportions.  And then a particular app may
use the screen differently, for example in the future home will probably
have some redesign so that on a FWVGA screen there is not such a difference
in proportion between its landscape and portrait layouts.