On Nov 3, 2:29 pm, Zhihong GUO <gzhh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How to know if the application is running on emulator or on a real device? I
> want to implement a function to detect wifi connection. If the application
> is running on emulator, just skip the wifi detection, while on real device,
> the wifi connection check should be done. how to do that?
>
> Thank a lot,
>
> James

Alternatively, you can check the phone model variable:
PhoneModel = android.os.Build.MODEL;
On my G1 phone, it gives me "HTC DREAM"
For the emulator, it gives "sdk".

I don't know what method is preferred by google, but it feels more
secure to me than using the ANDROID_ID var...

Emmanuel
http://androidblogger.blogspot.com/
http://www.alocaly.com/