On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Tim Hutt <tdh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, this has been noted by many people previously, but I thought I'd
> have a little rant about it. Simply put, the Android SDK documentation
> is shockingly incomplete.

I agree, the Android API docs are horribly inadequate.  Why aren't
there examples _with the docs_?  I don't want to go digging through
some random apps hoping to find an example of what I need.  I want to
see practical examples on the same page with the docs.  With their 30%
take on all our app sales, you'd think they would want us to be able
to figure stuff out easier.

Last night I wasted two hours beating my head against the wall trying
to figure out why a market:// url wouldn't work in the emulator.  I
finally figured it out when I tried it on my phone and it worked.
That's when I realized the emulator doesn't have a marketplace app and
obviously doesn't understand market:// urls.

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/