Well, Why we want use bindAppWidgetId()?
Generally, when you want to add some widgets on desktop(Launcher), you
just could longClick and select widget you want. But if you want
create some default widgets on desktop, you must need to use
bindAppWidgetId(), the woking flow is like this
1, widget host create a wdigetId.
2, bindAppWidgetId() to that widgetId
3, Add the host view to desktop using createView()

But in Launcher project, the logcat output securityException..., it
said the pid user don't have the BIND_WIDGET permission. You know
BIND_WIDGET permission is just for WidgetPicker Activity
(DialogActivity), it's not for use bindAppWidgetId() function. I also
try to change the makefile of Launcher to modify the CERTIFICATE from
"shared" to "platform" as the Setting project use, but it also failed.

So my final method is to add some function in Setting project which
could accomplish bindAppWidgetId(), but this method is not a general
way.

Could the android team direct how to use bindAppWidgetId() for a
general application?

Yuandan Kerr