Hi,

Would you please help me how to handle the memory leak on
Drawable.createFromStream()?

 I am receiving a base64 image from a webservice. And I decode it using
Apache lib. After that I convert it to drawable through
Drawable.createFromStream(). But when the image size is bit larger (~>350kb)
it starts throwing OutOfMemoryError exception. Ok, I can handle this by
catching this exception. But eventually after catching 2 or 3 such
exceptions the heap is full and it start throwing exceptions for other
methods and for small images as well.

The relevant code snip is given below.

        byte[] arr = null;
        InputStream imageStream = null;
        try
        {
            arr = Base64.decodeBase64(result.getScreenShot().getBytes());

            imageStream = new BufferedInputStream(new
ByteArrayInputStream(arr));
            TJCAppDetail.this.screenShotDrawable =
Drawable.createFromStream(imageStream, "src");
            screenShot.setImageDrawable(screenShotDrawable);
        }
        catch (OutOfMemoryError outOfMemoryError)
        {
            arr = null;
            imageStream = null;
            if (screenShotDrawable != null)
            {
            screenShotDrawable.setCallback(null);
            if (((BitmapDrawable) screenShotDrawable).getBitmap() != null)
                ((BitmapDrawable) screenShotDrawable).getBitmap().recycle();
            }

            Log.e("TJC_EXCEPTION", outOfMemoryError.getMessage());
        }

--
Best Regards,
Atif Gulzar