Hi, I've got a question as I don't have an Android 2.0 device to test
on and this particular aspect seems untestable in the emulator.

I've got a service that needs to be run as a foreground service. I
have a notification that stops it etc, so I have no problem using
startForeground instead of setForeground. However, I'd like to have 1
version of my app that works across all platforms... Is this possible?
If my app is compiled with Android 1.5 and uses setForeground, then
will that command actually work on an Android 2.0 device, or does it
not matter which sdk was used to compile? I've tried compiling with
2.0, and surrounding the call to startForeground with a try/catch, but
that throws a VerifyError when the service is started, when run on a
1.5/6 device since startForeground doesn't exist there. Can I catch
and ignore the VerifyError somehow and make it work that way?

Any help would be appreciated, I really don't want to have to make a
2nd branch of my app.

Regards,
Geoff