Hi,

What I'm trying to do was supposed to be very simple, but is not
working. :)
I would like to have 2 Icons that will call my activity, that is the
only one in the package.
But, when the activity is called, I would like to know which of these
Icons was used.
In the logs, I'm able to see that the Intent sent asap after press the
icon is sending this message like:
I(  569:0x23d) Starting activity: Intent
{ action=android.intent.action.MAIN categories=
{android.intent.category.LAUNCHER} flags=0x10200000 comp={teste.teste/
teste.teste.alias1} }

But, my override of onNewIntent is never called and the onResume is
receiving a modified version of the Intent:
D(  896:0x380) Intent is Intent { action=android.intent.action.MAIN
categories={android.intent.category.LAUNCHER} flags=0x10200000 comp=
{teste.teste/teste.teste.mainapp} }

As you can see, the alias1 packagename was modified to mainapp. And
because of this, I'm unable to check which button was applied.

My code in the manifest file is simple:
 <application  android:icon="@drawable/icon"  android:label="@string/
app_name" android:debuggable="true"  >
            <activity android:name=".mainapp" android:label="@string/
app_name" android:configChanges="orientation"
android:launchMode="singleTop">
                        <intent-filter>
                                <action
android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                        </intent-filter>
                </activity>
                <activity-alias android:name="alias1" android:label="alias1"
android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:targetActivity=".mainapp"
android:launchMode="singleTop" >
                        <intent-filter>
                                <action
android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
                        </intent-filter>
                </activity-alias>
                <activity-alias android:name="alias2" android:label="alias2"
android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:targetActivity=".mainapp"
android:launchMode="singleTop">
                        <intent-filter>
                                <action
android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
                        </intent-filter>
                </activity-alias>
                <receiver android:name=".BootMainapp">
                        <intent-filter>
                                <action
android:name="android.intent.action.BOOT_COMPLETED" />
                                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.HOME" />
                        </intent-filter>
                </receiver>
        </application>

As you can see, I'm using the singleTop definition, as a requirement
for onNewIntent call.

Any ideas what could be wrong here? Or, How can I have a way to check
which Icon was used to call my Acitivity?

Thank you,
Joao Sauer