I made a SeekBar like below.

<SeekBar android:id="@+id/SeekBar011"
               android:layout_width="200px"
               android:layout_height="80px"
               android:progressDrawable="@drawable/
progress_horizontal2"
               android:thumb="@drawable/seek_thumb2" />

All images in progress_horizontal2.xml & seek_thumb2.xml have 64px
height.

I expected that progressBar & thumbs are nicely vertically centered at
(80-64)/2 px y-pos.
(I put 80px at layout_height is for wider touch area)

But what I saw is the progressbar a few pixel below the thumb.

I looked into the AbsSeekBar.java and found that the default maxHeight
value is 48px(why?) so progressbar moved down (64-48)/2 px in
onSizeChanged().

I was surprised that the default maxHeight value is not Math.max
(progressbar's height, thumb's height).

Is there any reason for this or just a bug?