On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 4:17 PM, nEx.Software
<email.nex.softw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I don't believe an application should require Internet, I don't
> install it. I hope that there are others who do the same. To require
> internet permissions (with the current generic internet permission) on
> an app which really does not need it, such as aiFlashlight, gives me
> reason to question the motives of that developer. I ask myself "Now,
> why the heck would a flashlight app require internet permissions?" ...

Here's an answer: Maybe its a good way to understand if the
application works in the field, like ... to get error messages and
such?  Or perhaps its a good way to understand how and if users
actually use the app or prefer particular features?

I have some paranoid user who regularly updates a comment on my apps
Market listing with something like "Why would a music app that plays
local files need internet access?  Spying?"  Um ... so if I had a
streaming music app ... uh, then what?  There would be no suspicion of
spying?

:)