When using openInputStream on the content-resolver, the returned input-
stream is not as 'flexible' as a FileInputStream. For example,
FileInputStreams can be retried if something goes wrong. The one
returned by openInputStream can not.

To get the fully qualified path-name to the image-file (jpg/png),
query the Uri of the image and obtain the value of the DATA ("_data")
column. This value is a String, the fully-qualified path to the image
file. Then you can create a FileInputStream from this file.