I would also love to hear anyone's experience on 1.5+ handsets.

What I would really love though is a definitive answer from Google on
this issue. I don't know why this can't be addressed officially, we're
not asking for secret information to be revealed here - we have to
know these kinds of things to make basic decisions about what to do in
the market.

If I've overlooked information about this issue then I apologize,
please point me in that direction as soon as possible. :)

Matt