(sorry if this is obvious)

if you have a hard reference to a class in another class, then the
classloader will (try to) load that one too.

instead, use a factory to construct classes *by name* which implement
an interface that describes the OS dependent stuff. this breaks the
loader class chain and ensures that classes are only loaded by an OS
which does in fact have them.

--
jason.vp.engineering.particle