On Nov 18, 2009, at 1:43 AM, GDroid wrote:

> I would like to add one more question to this issue:
>
> 15) What is the best way to write the code so in case the API Level is
> below 5, some of the contacts actions can still be done correctly.
>
> As far as I've checked when publishing an application on the market
> there is no way to publish two "apk"s, for different API levels. As
> noted in other threads, the only Phone I know of currently running
> Android 2.0 is the Motorola Droid. My guess is that every developer
> would like to be able to support other/older phones as well.

If I understand rightly from what the Google folks have said in this thread so
far, as long as you're willing to accept the limitations of the old API
(dealing only with the raw contacts of the primary Google account, not the
combined ones) AND you are not using any private contacts API, things should
still work.

If you have specific bits of contact goo that are not working at all under 2.0,
go ahead and share 'em so that people can hash them out? :)