On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 18:53, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure which UI you are talking about.  The "force stop" button that
> has been around since 1.5 does everything we have been talking about:
> killing processes, unregistering alarms, etc.  The new running services UI
> -only- stops a service, doesn't kill a process or anything else, because
> that is all that is needed to free up that process to be available to the
> system.

So now that (I think) I understand what this "force stop" is really
about (completely and definitely stopping an app) :

Are there situations where it is done by the system (automatically) ?
(ie. in case it is too low on memory).
Or can I be sure that when it is the system that kills Services, it
never does anything else (such as unregistering alarms) ? And in this
case, will such a stopped service be restarted automatically, or only
if it took care of such a situation (by ex. with a "watchdog" alarm
which will eventually restart it if stopped).