Hi,

I have a WebView embedded in a frame for showing ads.  The WebView is
at the bottom of each page in a FrameLayout of each screen of a tabbed
layout.

Here's the base WebView layout:

<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/
android"
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    android:id="@+id/ad_layout"
    android:layout_height="53dip"
    android:orientation="vertical"
    android:gravity="bottom"
    android:layout_gravity="bottom">
    <WebView android:id="@+id/advertisement"
        android:layout_width="fill_parent"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:gravity="center_horizontal"
        android:padding="0dip"
        android:layout_marginLeft="0dip"
        android:layout_marginRight="0dip"
        android:scrollbars="none" />
</LinearLayout>

In the TabMain the WebView is initialized in onCreate

onCreate() {
        mWebView = (WebView)findViewById(R.id.advertisement);
        mWebView.getSettings().setCacheMode
(WebSettings.LOAD_NO_CACHE);
        mWebView.getSettings().setJavaScriptEnabled(true);
        mWebView.getSettings().setLightTouchEnabled(true);
        mWebView.setClickable(true);
          mWebView.setFocusable(true);
}

The data for the WebView is loaded in the onResume:

onResume() {
                mWebView.loadData(ad, "text/html", "UTF-8");
                mWebView.setVisibility(View.VISIBLE);
                mWebView.reload();
}

The content of the ad is an anchor.

When the application loads the first time, the ad loads properly and a
touch event on the WebView launches a browser displaying the contents
of the anchor.

All successive touch / click events on the WebView do not launch the
browser so the ad becomes unclickable.  I added code to verify the
ACTION_DOWN event is always fired when the WebView is clicked but the
browser never launches again.

I'd really appreciate any help / suggestions because we're seeing the
same behavior in another embedded WebView used for a registration
path.

Thanks,