Honestly I think you guys are spending way too much time and energy on
this thing.

Here are the facts:
FACT: Piracy is a part of life, you will never stop it, ever.
FACT: On the first page of this thread someone mentioned that we are
now in 2009 where every major application has online activation
(windows, photoshop, corel draw, etc) except that every single app on
that list is easily pirated! No exceptions!
FACT: All those people who pirated your app... probably weren't gonna
buy it.
FACT: It will take a very short amount of time for a dedicated pirate
to bypass the copy protection scheme you talk about above. Probably by
spoofing the result from the network.
FACT: If you start this war with pirates you will a) be wasting a lot
of time and money, b) lose, c) hurt real consumers who by some cruel
twist of fate got their IMEI blacklisted.

I am a developer myself working on my first paid app, and yes it
concerns me that people might pirate it, but I will still NEVER
include DRM because it doesn't work. There is no evidence to support
the idea that the people who are pirating your app would actually buy
it if they couldn't pirate it. I'm so sick of devs taking wasting
their time trying to stop an impossible force, when they could be
using that time to make their app better. WE ARE NOT SELLING APPS TO
PIRATES, WE ARE SELLING TO HONEST CONSUMERS, WORRY ABOUT THEM! THEY
ARE THE IMPORTANT ONES!

My name is Geoff Hackett, I'm a developer, and I think DRM, in all its
forms, SUCKS!

Ok that's my rant for the day.