Hi all,

  I want to configure WiFi on my android based board. But in my case I
am getting the name of active SSID withing the network from the
desktop client so I have to configure the board with the same SSID.

  I have searched the APIs available in WiFiManager class and only
possible solution seemed to be,

   List<ScanResult> hotSpots = wifiManager.getScanResults();

                for(ScanResult hotSpot: hotSpots) {
                    String hotSpotSsid = hotSpot.SSID;
                    String hotSpotBssid = hotSpot.BSSID;
                    StringBuffer sBuf = new StringBuffer("\"");
                    sBuf.append(hotSpotSsid+"\"");
                    hotSpotSsid = sBuf.toString();

                    if(hotSpotSsid.equals("\"myhotspot\"")) {

                        WifiConfiguration wifiConfiguration = new
WifiConfiguration();
                        wifiConfiguration.SSID = hotSpotSsid;
                        wifiConfiguration.BSSID = hotSpotBssid;
                        wifiConfiguration.hiddenSSID = false;
                        wifiConfiguration.priority = 100000;

                        // add this to the configured networks
                        int inetId =
wifiManager.addNetwork(wifiConfiguration);
                        if(inetId < 0) {
                            System.out.println("Unable to add network
configuration for SSID: "+hotSpotSsid);
                            return;
                        }
                        // connect to this wifi network

 means I have to have list of all the availabe networks and among them
I need to search network with required SSID it will increase
unnecessary operation to connect to the SSID which we know.

Is there any API available to get information regarding whole
WIFIConfiguration if we know only "SSID"?

Thanks,
Asif