Thanks very much for your reply!

The Android apps I build for our company connect with our own web
components, so we were thinking that if our app sent the order number
to our server upon connection, it would enable us to manage any refund
the customer might request later on more accurately.  I suppose it
could also be used for DRM purposes as well, but that's not what we
currently have in mind.

I will do some investigation into the Google Checkout API, and I'll
post any findings I'm able to make.  Thanks again!