I've a couple functions that basically parse XML but it's not XML it
is parsing something similar.  I use them in PHP to break apart large
strings so I converted them to Java for this, but when I use them they
force close.
I use this code to call them....

                String[] blah = dig_all ("item", "enditem", str);
                String blah1 = dig_data("author","endauthor",blah[0]);

That's the gist of it.  I know the string "str" is good, checked it,
but if I run these lines I get a force close, if I comment them out I
do not.  The methods are below.  See anything wrong?

    private String dig_data(String starter, String ender, String
content)
    {
        String[] data = content.split(starter);
        String[] data1 = data[1].split(ender);
        return data1[0];
    }
    private String[] dig_all(String starter, String ender, String
content)
    {
        String[] result = null, data, data1;
        String data2;
        boolean more = true;
        int i = 0;
        int limit = 0;

        do
        {
                i++;
                data = content.split(starter);
                data1 = data[i].split(ender);
                data2 = data1[0];
                if ((data2==null) || (limit>0 && i==limit))
                        more = false;
                else result[i] = data2;
        } while (more == true);
                return result;