Resources does not let you access themes -- it doesn't know about a Theme,
since there is one Resources object for you application, but an arbitrary
number of themes.

Typically to load themed resources, you would do what standard views and
widgets do -- declare a styleable array of all of the attributes you want to
retrieve, and use Context.obtainStyledAttributes or related to retrieve
theme.  The LabelView API demo shows an example of this:

http://developer.android.com/guide/samples/ApiDemos/src/com/example/android/apis/view/LabelView.html

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 4:22 AM, Stefan <skyntc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In my case I need to be able apply a color conditionally (for example
> based if an item is read or unread) so I need to be able to read the
> "read" and "unread" colors from the current theme and apply them
> appropriately.
>
> I gave the color special attribute name in my \attr xml file and
> assigned it different values in 2 different themes.
> if I do getResources().getColorStateList( <my attribute resource ID>)
> it fails because it can't find the resource. It seems like something
> needs to first resolve the attribute Id to the Id of the resource in
> the current theme, but I am not sure what does that.
>
> Stefan

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hack...@android.com