Once thing I've asked myself for a while now: How would one manage
continuous updates to translations? I.e., when releasing a new
version, you wouldn't want your translators having to manually copy
and paste existing translations from the previous versions, or worse,
re-translate everything. Even when for those languages that I
translate myself I noticed that when introducing a new string, I
basically need to update all the language-specific resources right
away, or I will have trouble later on trying to come up with a list of
everything that changed.

I'm familiar with gettext, where this problem is solved by basically
being able to merge the diff between Original-V1 and Original-V2 into
Translation V1.

How do people generally solve this on Android? Are there any existing
tools for the job? Maybe something that can convert to gettext and
back?