>Except that phone displays do not display more than 16 bits of colors.
>The displays are natively 565.

Are you sure that applies to the Samsung Galaxy, the phone that the
first post in this thread mentioned things are looking bad on?

The first spec sheet I could find for it says "16M Color AMOLED Full
Touch Display ":
http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consumer/mobile/mobile-phones/35g-phone/GT-I7500OKHTGY/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=spec

16M colors usually refers to 24 bits of colors, which is 888. I did
notice the screen on the Galaxy looks very beautiful when I saw it
last week. That could have been some other aspect of the OLED
technology, however.