> I'm experiencing crashes that don't produce a "force close" message.
> Instead, the app exits immediately without an error message.
> In the log, it seems the problem is inside the framework's libraries
> but I don't really know how to interpret it.

For all intents and purposes, these are bugs in Android proper. I know of
nothing that a Java developer can do that will cause one.

At minimum, post what you posted here as an issue on http://b.android.com,
with as much information as you can provide about what triggers this
crash. Better yet, if you can upload some source code that reproduces the
crash, that'll help get it fixed.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com