You can create your own ListAdapter and then override the getViews
method to setup the checkboxes similar to this:

/* (non-Javadoc)
         * @see android.widget.Adapter#getView(int, android.view.View,
android.view.ViewGroup)
         */
        public View getView(int position, View convertView, ViewGroup parent)
{
                Setup setup = (Setup)this.getItem(position);
                if (convertView == null)
            convertView = inflater.inflate(R.layout.setup_mgt_row,
null);

                TextView textView = (TextView) convertView.findViewById
(R.id.setup_mgt_name);
                textView.setText(setup.getName());

                ImageView selectedView = (ImageView) convertView.findViewById
(R.id.setup_mgt_selected);
                selectedView.setTag(position);
                if(setup.isSelected())
                        selectedView.setImageState(new int[]
{ android.R.attr.state_checked }, true);
                else
                        selectedView.setImageState(new int[]
{ android.R.attr.state_empty }, true);
        selectedView.setOnClickListener(this);

                ImageView deleteView = (ImageView)convertView.findViewById
(R.id.setup_mgt_delete);
                deleteView.setTag(position);
                deleteView.setOnClickListener(this);

        return convertView;