Hi,

I have been facing problems to manage statics variables used in my
android application. If we exit the application against a particular
event (touch or key event -which is must for my app), all the statics
variables are retaining the values when I am launching it again. I am
invoking Activity.finish() method for termination .
I know there is a collection type class available called Bundle and we
can use it to save the states of all the statics and get those back
when again creating the same activity during relaunch, but it would be
a hard task if we want to port some  j2me applications to Android
because of having thousands of statics variables. Is there any way to
kill the application completely including all the statics variable
used there?

I tried with System.exit(0) and it works well for Android G1 and G2
(tested in firmware 1.6). But in Android Robyn (prototype) the same
causes a major defect ("Activity not responding" popup apears just
after exit) and I came to know from android dev forum that calling
System.exit(0) is not recommended for termination of an activity.

I would appreciate if someone can provide me a solution. Thanks in
advance.

Rgds,
Sujoy