Um.

"they do themselves repeated injustice by presenting their technology on
very weak hardware specifications"

What is Droid?

"The "Vibrate on Keypress" - where did we see this before? Its very similar
to the HTC Hero."

Actually it's been a feature of the standard platform IME since its first
version.

"Android 2.0 does have some surprises up its sleeve: new widgets and new
classes that give it that "iPhone" feeling: fade-in, fade out
sexy-touch-and-feel."

I don't think there were any new widget classes in 2.0, nor significant new
app widgets (that go on the home screen).  And the picture shown here is a
little strange, since I don't think that api demo nor the controls in it
changed significantly in 2.0 (there may have been some smallish tweaks to
graphics as they were redone in high density).

Also as far as animations -- the animations have always been a part of the
platform since 1.0, but were turned off by default.  1.5 introduced a
visible preference to turn them on, but left it off by default.  2.0 made
this on by default, and added new animations involving the wallpaper since
the wallpaper in 2.0 became a separate independent plane that applications
could sit on top of.

"Finally, someone at Android figured out that increasing the button sizes
for a phone dialer can only make the OS more user-friendly."

This is really confusing since I think the buttons in 2.0 are actually a bit
smaller, to allow space for the additional buttons on the bottom. :)  The
graphics did change, which makes them look a little larger horizontally, but
the hit area is the same in that direction (and a little smaller
vertically).

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer