On Nov 22, 11:40 am, GDroid <baron...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Using this solution, I need to set your "API Target Level" to 5
> (Android2.0), and set the minimum (android:minSdkVersion) to 3
> (Android1.5). This way I am able to compile code which reference API
> 5 methods and run on older devices.
> However, there is a major problem with that. I can't run or debug this
> code on older devices (<2.0) using the Eclipse plug-in.
> Anyone having the same problem?

The problem you are seeing does have (at least one) workaround.
You need to do two things:
1. Change the "Deployment Target Selection Mode" for each Launch
Configuration of interest.
Go into the "Run Configurations" (Run|Run Configurations), select each
Android Application you want to be able to run on older SDK versions
in turn, and on the Target Tab for each, change the "Deployment Target
Selection Mode" to Manual. Apply the changes and close the window.
2. Manually launch the AVD(s) you want to run/debug against.

That's it.
When you run/debug your app now you will be offered a selection of
running AVDs to run your app against.
HTH
(it works for me <g>)