Hi,

I am planning to port an application from Symbian to Android and I'm
looking at the possibilities of the Android platform.

My application runs in background and needs to detect when the user
presses and holds a button (for 3-4 seconds) on the phone even when
the phones key lock is on.

I am in the process of learning Android programming but so far what I
understand is that if my application runs as a service it would be
able to receive broadcast such as ACTION_MEDIA_BUTTON. Am I looking in
the right direction?

I had a quick look at the list of native android broadcast actions and
I could only find broadcast actions for Camera, Media and Call
buttons. What about the other buttons?

Thanks,

Pedram