How does one determine the home carrier on a CDMA phone? By home
carrier I mean the carrier that the phone's owner has a contract with,
not the owner of the cell site that the phone is communicating with.
These are different when the phone is roaming. On a GSM phone I can
get the home carrier from the IMSI recorded on the SIM, but this does
not work on a CDMA phone. CDMA has a similar identifier called home
system ID. Is there a way to query the home system ID? If that is not
possible, how do I determine the home carrier? On Windows Mobile I am
forced to search the registry looking for strings like 'Verizon' and
'Sprint'. Is there a similar klooge on Android?