Hi again,

some more info concering the case of Milestones not showing protected
apps from one of our customers here in Germany ...

[SNIP]

Dear Justin,

I am one of the affected milestone users and I am far from alone.
At least all of the milestones sold by amazon, Germany are affected!

Milestones branded by Vodafone or O2, Germany are working perfectly.

I know it is unusual for the USA but in Europe it is quite common to
buy phones WITHOUT
an carrier-contract. Those phones are NOT branded by Vodafone or
others and they are
simlock-free! Exactly those phones have no access to copy protected
apps in the market.
Our guess at the moment is that google missed those configuration and
handles them as
illegal (rootet) phones... are we right with this assumption??? But
our phones are 110% legal
with plain Motorola configuration right from the factory!

It is not only that we can not buy or download any new copy protected
apps. User who bought
such an app on another Adnroid phone and now got themselves a new
Milestone can not access
their legally bought apps anymore!!! Google needs to react here really
quick. We are honest users and your loyal fanbase!

All of the affected phones have the following ORIGINAL Motorola setup:

Model: Milestone
Firmware-Version: 2.0
Firmware-Configuration-Version: GAS_EMEA_USASHLS00RTDACH_P001
Baseband-Version: 3GDMEPU91A_U_91.08.0DP
Baseband-Configuration-Version: UCASHLSEMEAB1B803F.0R
Kernel-Version: 2.6.29-omap1 a21...@ca25rhe53 #1
Build-Number: SHOLS_U2_01.03.1.125764182

PLEASE HELP US!

best regards

Christian

[/SNIP]