Try using the -http-proxy <proxy> option when starting the emulator.
This implements a transparent HTTP proxy that doesn't need modifying
settings in the emulated system at all.
It used to be buggy in previous releases of the emulator (mainly when used
with MS proxy servers) but this should
have been fixed in the latest SDK Tools release.

If this still doesn't work, try to use -debug-proxy as well, this will dump
the proxied traffic, and send it here so I can
have a look at it.

Also see -help-proxy for details about the <proxy> parameter.

Hope this helps.