I tried to create a folder named xml-small and placed the widget
provider xml-files there.

It looks like I need to use something like 50x50 dip for one cell on
the DSTL1, so 100x50 dip is 2x1, and 200x50 dip is 4x1 but that does
only work on the DSTL1. The HTC Tattoo which also is considered "xml-
small" displays a 3x1 widget if I use 200x50 dip :(

240x50 dip works as 4x1 on HTC Tattoo