On the physical device, in settings->about phone->.... build_number.,
there's a long description there that more precisely identifies the revision
of software being used.  In the first software revision for Droid, for
example, it will say ESD20 in the midst of that long string.

Also, I'm wondering, is it sufficient to exit the application to restore the
device's normal behavior?

I appreciate the information if you're willing to reply.  Thanks!

Stephen.