There is an open issue related to this (missing) feature.  #2117.  If
you want to encourage this to take a higher priority, "star" the issue
to be notified of changes.  The number of people following the issue
seems to give some priority to the issue in Google's eyes.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=2117