Hi all,

I have been trying to Query, insert and update the Call Log for the
past few days.

Query is fine, have no problem with that.

But I'm wondering does the content provider allow you to add a new
event to the call log or update events already on the call log?

I see there is no CallLog.Calls.CONTENT_DIRECTORY option for adding
new data like there is with the Contacts content provider.

I have also tried updating an event already on the call log but this
has left errors in the program, the calls queried dont display and
when I go to the Call Log screen it crashes.

Here is the code

ContentValues values = new ContentValues();

    values.put(CallLog.Calls.CACHED_NAME, "TestCase1");

    Uri uri = ContentUris.withAppendedId(CallLog.Calls.CONTENT_URI,
1);

    int rows = getContentResolver().update(uri, values, null, null);

    Log.d("DEBUG", "Rows Updated: " + rows);

I get an uncaught handler and null pointer exception error

Is my problem that its not possible to add or update to the call log
content provider or should it be possbile?

Thanks

Donal