Hi.

The ADT eclipse plugin seems to have a pretty rigid idea of how an
Android project should be structured - per
http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/eclipse-adt.html, it
needs to have the AndroidManifest.xml file at the root level of the
project, plus "res", "assets", "gen" and "src" folders at the top
level, and so on.

I'm wondering if it's possible to get the plugin to be a little more
flexible with the layout it recognizes.  In particular, I've been
using a build plugin for the (scala-based) simple-build-tool, which
expects projects to be laid out in a more Maven-like fashion, thus:

  src/
    main/
      AndroidManifest.xml
      assets/
      res/
      scala/
      java/
    test/
      resources
         <files to include in test jar here>
      scala/
         <test Scala sources>
      java/
         <test Java sources>

(see http://code.google.com/p/simple-build-tool/wiki/Setup).

This is a layout I'm used to from maven-based java development.  When
I load a project like it up in ADT, though, I get a lot of complaints
about a missing AndroidManifest.xml, a missing res directory, and so
on.  These things are all present, they just aren't where ADT expects
them to be.

I don't necessarily need to use ADT to build my project, but I'd like
to use it (and Eclipse) for editing.  Can anybody tell me whether it's
possible to make it more flexible in the directories it uses to find
various Android-related resources?  Also, can anyone tell me whether
the ADT plugin is open-source?  I can't seem to find a link to its
source code anywhere.

Thanks,
Tim