An Android developer has to develop the habit of untraining management
that is used to J2ME.  If you release multiple different APKs you
technically can fork your codebase, into different packages, to target
different firmware.  But you don't want to compete with yourself for
market listings, you don't want to fork your code, you don't want to
have to maintain different branches.

Mind you, I don't want to use reflection, it frightens me a bit, and
it's annoyed me and made my app harder to debug every time I've used
it.  Eventually though we'll really want to use a feature not in 1.5.

I'm curious, what happens if you release an application that requires
Android 1.5 or higher on the market, and then you update it with a
version that requires 1.6 or higher?  Will 1.5 users simply no longer
be able to download the application?  What is their user experience?

Thanks,
-MK