@Watcher

That's why the ANDROID_ID is meant to be used I believe, it is phone
even on phone-less devices.

Though some phone-less devices redirect the getDeviceId() call to
return the ANDROID_ID too.

@Iphpc

Watcher is correct, there is no unique program specific identifier
outside of the package name. You could simply concatenate that with
the ANDROID_ID though for program specific uniqueness. This would
returned you a new value for each device that is running you app. You
could even add a version to this to differentiate across versions
since you package stays the same...

-Tim Strazzere