you could try using Reflection, but that might be too complicated for
what you need.
What I would do is to place all of the images in the assets folder,
where you can retrieve them by name.
I think it's something like

Bitmap bmp = BitmapFactory.decodeStream(getResources().getAssets
().openFile("fr.png"));