Hopefully someone else has ran into this issue.  On SDK level 3
(Android 1.5) if a user adds a homescreen widget that there is not
room for, the onUpdate method is still called.

So in my widgets, in the onUpdate I check to see if hte widget has
been configured.  If it has not then I launch the configuration.
Stuff also gets saved to a SharedPreferences config.

So in this example if the user adds a widget that is too big for their
screen 10 times, it is going to launch the config needlessly 10
times.  Also for that appWidgetId, stuff is going to get saved 10
times.

How can I head this off and tell that there is no room on the screen,
in onUpdate, before doing all of that?