Thanks Mark.  I am looking a bit more, but it does seem I could at
best stumble upon a similarly fragile mechanism that would encompass
another phone/calendar app or two.

I am confused why such a flexible network of high-level inter-app
communication would be established, and then sawhorses placed across
the on ramps.  I know time and testing resources are at a premium, but
blanketing the earth with a variety of phones that belie their
seemingly common platform undercuts the vision substantially.

tone