I've been looking for a long time at a solution to this problem (ever
since 2.0 was released).
I can confirm that by adding "locale" to configChanges fixes the
problem.

My exact xml entry is:
android:configChanges="orientation|keyboardHidden|locale"

I've actually added the "locale" parameter to each of my Manfiest
activities (to be safe), however, it did seem to fix the problem just
by adding into the Launcher as mentioned before.

So relieved to see this fixed :)

S.