I am developing a photo frame widget, all works except on an
orientation change to landscape mode my appwidget doesn't display
correctly as I have it set to portrait dimensions and it is too large
for the display. I would like to run some code to resize the image so
that everything displays correctly and it uses all the space that I
allot.
What is the correct way to do this?
I can think of 2 methods however both seem inefficient. The first
would be to register a broadcast reciever to take orientation changes,
however I don't want to redo my appwidget everytime the phone is
turned on its side as the majority of the time the homescreen is not
showing when the orientation is changed (ie other apps are used, and I
don't need my code running in the background). I only need it to run
when the home screen is shown.
The second would be to setup a service to manage my appwidget but that
also seems inefficient to be always running in the background.

What is correct method to do this?

Thanks,

- Ryan