hello,

i have a similar problem. i want to see a picture or a text, if i
click on an itemizedoverlay. my i-overlay is implemented in an own
class.
In my "main app" i add my itemizedoverlays:

if(symbol[i].equals("huhu"))
        item = new OverlayItem(ov, "PICTURE", description.get(i));
else if(symbol[i].equals("haha"))
        item = new OverlayItem(ov, "TEXT", description.get(i));
overlay.addItem(item);
mapView.getOverlays().add(overlay);

And in my overlay class, i implement that:

@Override
protected boolean onTap(int i) {

    if(items.get(i).getTitle().equals("PICTURE"))
    {
          // i want to see the picture (i get the filename with
getSnippet() ), until the user close the new window (with a button for
example??) or make something invisible/gone?!
    }
    if(items.get(i).getTitle().equals("TEXT"))
    {
          // i want to see the text (text in getSnippet()), until the
user close the new window (with a button for example??) or make
something invisible/gone?!
    }

How can I show this information in this seperate overlay class??

Thanks,
Stefan

PS: this was my question in my thread
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/b1f285209001b782,
perhaps it was/is harder to understand, because my english isnt the
best.