I've written an app. that uses the MediaPlayer, but every so often I
see this error:

ERROR/AudioMIO(3733): latency could NOT be set !! set it later

When it happens, the audio goes silent and the only way to get the
audio back is to stop and restart (release and create a new
MediaPlayer instance). This error shows up in the logcat, but is not
reported to the onErrorListener handler I've registered with the the
MediaPlayer.

Thanks in advance