I would strongly recommend making density-specific resources.  Graphics
scaled from one density to another (especially going up) are never going to
look as good as ones designed for the density.

Plus doing the pre-scaling on 9-patch images is...  interesting. :)  It's
actually amazing to me that it works as well as it does, but it is certainly
far from perfect.

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Jeffrey <jeffisagen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The easiest thing I can think of is to make high density images and
> see if that fixes the problem. I know that fix isn't the best but it
> might work.
>
> On Jan 5, 7:31 am, Pixie <m...@labpixies.com> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I have some 9-patch images on my app, and they work great on the
> > medium density.
> > When I load the app on a High density emulator/device, these images
> > look grainy.
> > It happens only to 9-patch images. The others look great after the pre-
> > scaling.
> > Is there a way to make them look good after the scaling, like the
> > non-9-patch images?
> >
> > Thanks

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer