Uh, well, you wrote:

> I want to call this method from application A and
> send an SMS without opening the activity(the GUI) of application B but
> just send an SMS in the background by calling just the method of the
> activity.

There is precisely one way to do this literally, and that's to expose an
AIDL interface from Application B. And even that's not strictly
"literally", since the AIDL interface in Application B will need to be
implemented by a service, not an activity.

The problem is that you have already decided your technical
implementation (see quoted sentence above) and are forcing us to try to
give you solutions to this narrow implementation. If you are not certain
that this is the correct implementation, then I suggest that you
describe a technical *goal* and seek advice for how to implement the goal.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Warescription: Three Android Books, Plus Updates, $35/Year